Saturday, January 1, 2011

About: My Goal

I have always been an avid reader. Always. For at least as long as I can remember. In the 1st grade, I was put into an accelerated reading class with the 2nd graders, and I thought I was the coolest kid on the block. I'm sure back then we were reading Amelia Bedelia and Sideways Stories from Wayside School, but that's besides the point. I fell in love with reading at young age, and that was the end of me.

Growing up, after lunch my family always had a quiet hour of reading. The rules were simple, keep out of our parents hair and look busy in a book. My sister wasn't as keen as I was with the activity, but I loved it. I used to read all the Goosebumps books, and graduated over the years into Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I was a horror and suspense junkie. It wasn't until high school that I started getting into the classics, mostly because I HAD to read them.

Over the years I've favored a good book over a TV show, and usually just end up annoying my boyfriend because he has to rewind the DVR over and over for me. I have a few good friends and clients in book clubs who are always recommending me books to read, and my bookshelf has grown heavy with instant favorites. I decided that this year, 2011, I was going to up the ante and really challenge myself to trying to read a book a week, 52 books in all. The blog is a place for me to keep my thoughts and reviews and maybe inspire a couple of bookphobics to pick one up for the entertainment value.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment